Oh...

Hello! I'm back after a good month of hard legal labour. It was incredibly painful and my brain is so sore I can't even read a non-law book now. But it's over - hurrah!
So, I thought I would start off by introducing a shift in direction. I started another blog last week based on an idea that had hatched quite a few months ago. But Blogger have changed their template and I'm just not happy with how it looks. So, I have been considering changing the name of this blog and steering it in a new direction instead. I'm still umming and ahhing about it, although if I do go ahead, all will be revealed shortly.

Another thing I just wanted to say is that even if I don't change the name of this blog, I will be changing the direction. As an ex-PR whose clients were always desperate for coverage my colleagues and I were all encourage to start writing blogs so we could provide our clients with coverage instead. Sounds desperate. And it was. Nevertheless, my view as a PR is seemingly very different to that of the lovely people in blog-land and where I have previously copied images from websites and gushed about how brill a brand or photographer may have been, I have discovered that this isn't quite what you do on the blogosphere.

So, it may sound incredibly naive, but apologies if there is anybody out there who has had a little read (unlikely!) and noticed their creative wares on here. It has certainly not been my intention to offend, but I guess where my PR mind has been trained to believe that anyone is grateful for coverage, it just doesn't work that way. Seemingly on the tinterweb what I may think of as coverage is classified as, er, 'liberating' shall we say?! So apologies chaps, and I won't be doing it again.

Finally, as it seems that only my parner and I actually read my blog, I'm not going to keep the theme of writing from a faux-commercial point of view. Instead, I'm going to write about stuff I like. Who cares if no one reads it (please read me, please read me!!), at least it will make me happy :)

So here goes, a whole new blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment