Pom Poms!

So today I recruited my friend and chief bridesmaid extraordinaire for a spot of pom pom making. I have quite literally been looking forward to this day for at least two years, after insisting that pom poms just had to be a part of our big day decor at a very early stage.

After surveying the internet to find the best tutorials (at the Yuppie Lifestyle here and courtesy of goddess Martha Stewart here) I purchased a stack of tissue paper from Viking Direct (here), some beading twine and sheer nylon from Hobbycraft and got to work.

Having built this project up for some time, I was certain that it would be nightmarish. But alas, it was anything but. Ok, so it was time-consuming and we quickly realised that if we wanted to transport these babies we would have to keep them in their consertina shapes and transform them into 'pouffs' at the venue. Nevertheless, a few hours later, Fiona and I had made 50 pom poms and our only worry was where to put the damn things on the big day as we may have about 20 too many.

Anyway, for any brides out there considering this project, I would encourage them to go for it at a heartbeat. DON'T waste money on pom poms at £3 a pop and DO make them at home with a bestie :)

For evidence of my project and the stash of consertina pom poms ready to be pulled into their full glory in seven weeks, see below...

No comments:

Post a Comment